Thursday, September 22, 2011

A poems I wrote that I thought could be universal emotions.



Wilted

It's as if for every breath I take
another piece of my heart
has gone missing

Each day I endure my bleeding wound
I remember
how unforgiving life as suddenly become
and I shed another petal 

Once again
life has proven non-existent 
the sweet aroma that used to follow
fades, as I am wilting

My vibrant color turns black
I hold in my hands the truest of secrets
I am a rose without water
parched in my judgement

But hands clasp my abused emotion
ever so gently now
for I have lost myself
and it is so obvious
as silence swallows me
and I fade into this world
gone forever
wilted

Alone

The emptiness of my condemned life has taken abroad my cringing soul
I am without love 
and a simplicity of space

I feel as though I deserve nothing
 no care
no tears
no feeling

After all, what am I 
but a worthless
annoying 
fly

Who is unwanted
and unheard
with a journey of life that goes by unnoticed

I will have left no proof that I existed
other than the quickly forgotten buzz
that was never enjoyed

I have not a purpose 
but to please
that is all that will become of me

A servant of a supposed lover
an emotionless roller coaster
an endless lie

I will see it every day
subtle but it is there
in their eyes

The undetected whispers
the silence that comes 
when I scurry into a glowing room
that without a doubt
becomes as soulless 
as me



Alright so to be honest my shades hold back my tears, when life becomes to much. When thinness is my only savior and when love becomes a responsibility. When all that could be of me has morphed into uselessness. My shades become my cover. 
I've been trying to tell you more about me, or at least I've been thinking about different ways I could try and explain my E.D. I know I am bulimic, there is no way to skip around that subject because when you are sticking your fingers down your throat on a day to day basis. Training yourself to do it without having to gag yourself. You undeniably have a problem. I feel like I've stopped that though, for the most part anyway.. I had to stop at least that. I couldn't help but feel terrible when my little brother came in my bathroom and said "Sam please stop your skinny enough.." I replied with "I don't know what you are talking about I was just going to the bathroom." Even though I so obviously reeked of puke. Chris then said to me "Sam I'm 11 I'm not stupid, I could hear you. Please just stop.." In that moment my heart sank, and I didn't know what to say. I just kept denying that there was anything wrong in the first place. I mean I stopped for a while I did, but again there is no denying that Mia is, and will forever be a part of me.
I feel terrible about that and I then  have my alter ego ANA/MIA whoever, whatever you want to call it. Squash  my personality, my thoughts into the corner of my brain. Sometimes there is that part of me that is really me and fights back. Other times that part of me just shrivels into it's her little corner. In my mind the 3 people live in my head each have spots where they belong, little apartments or places to be to have control of. "Sam" my personality, is kept or squashed into the very bottom of the front right part of my head. Mia, a fairly quiet part of my mind but still present, lives in a small part of the front left part of my head. Ana she usually overpowers the other two and lives in the back left as well as the middle. Although she usually extends to any part she wants really. In my mind she argues with the other two, or partners with Mia.  Never with Sam though.. The only part of my mind that is vacant right now is the back right side, and I think that's where my instinct is at I'm really not sure of anything though. Life is so confusing, a daily struggle inside my head. Do you guys have alter ego's as literal as mine are? Do yours have conversations out loud the way mine do? In the mirror? Or maybe just when you are sitting down? Somebody please comment and let me know this is as normal as an eating disorder gets? I know eating disorders aren't normal but, I'd like to know that I'm a little normal..
Let me know what you thought of the poetry please. <3 Samantha









1 comment:

  1. totally completely normal for an e.d when im by myself i literally catch myself talking to cassie about everything! (cassie is my anorexia.. i finally found out who she is!)

    ReplyDelete